Want to know more?
Our free guide is a great starting point if looking to set up a limited company.
Download Our FREE Guide
A complete accountancy service, backed by our reputation for reliability, expert advice, innovative technology and an excellent customer services team.
Working through a Limited company is the most tax efficient way to work as a self-employed professional, you can typically expect to take home around 81% - 86% of your contract value. Brookson's specialist tax advisors are always on hand to offer guidance to further maximising your income - so you never pay more tax than you need to.
What are the benefits
- The most tax efficient way of working - you’ll keep more of your hard earned money.
- Higher status with customers - clients often view a limited company in a more positive light.
- Limited liability - you're not personally at risk of financial losses if things go wrong.
- Protection of company name - it's automatically protected once you are incorporated.
Setup is easy...
There are just 3 simple steps to setting up your own limited company with Brookson. Our specialist advisors are on hand six days a week† to advise you every step of the way. What's more if you are an existing Limited Company or switching from another provider is hassle free, we'll even bring your existing accounts up to date for FREE~!
Incorporation: Our specialist advisors will work with you to incorporate your company at a discounted rate of £43.00 inclusive of VAT through our partner Jordans, which takes approximately 5 minutes over the phone. If you have previously incorporated your company, we can assist you in reactivating it.
Business Bank Account: We will assist you in opening a free business bank account with HSBC or RBS - which is opened quickly and enables us to receive electronic daily* updates of your business bank account, so we can advise you based on real time information.
Preparing To Trade: We can provide you with a range of great value business insurance policies, which are tailored for your business so you do not end up paying for anything you do not need. Our comprehensive coverage starts from as little as £31 per month.
Why choose Brookson's Limited company service?
Unlike some other providers who may charge additional fees for certain services, there are no hidden costs or fees with our all-inclusive Limited Company Service.
- Expert advice from a dedicated support team, 6 days a week†
- Fast and seamless set up within 24 hours
- No set up costs#, exit fees or tie-in period
- Operate compliantly with unlimited IR35 reviews from in-house specialists
- All VAT, tax and year-end returns are completed for you
- Secure online portal - accessible anywhere via computer, mobile or tablet
- Know your tax position and how much you can withdraw - with daily updates~
- Legal helpline, with access to free preliminary legal support
Our all-inclusive limited company service for contractors, freelancers and self-employed professionals offers much more than simply balancing the books. We proactively monitor and assist you with any financial opportunities and challenges to maximise your earning potential, meaning you less time worrying about your money and more time doing the things that you enjoy!
- Fully automated bookkeeping.
- Nightly bank feed from your business bank to allow us to reconcile your invoices and payments which feeds into your companies online Connect portal.
- Daily*, monthly and annual accounts preparation.
- Complete year-end service (annual accounts prepared and submitted to Companies House).
- Company secretarial support (including annual return submission).
- The option to synchronise your personal and business tax – to give you a ‘total view’ of your tax position throughout the year.
- Advice on VAT registration (including flat rate VAT).
- Quarterly VAT returns.
- Quarterly PAYE calculations.
- Annual PAYE returns – including P35s & P11Ds.
- Corporation tax return.
- Self-assessment tax return.
- We deal with all HMRC correspondence and advise you on what action to take.
- Proactive reminders of all tax payments (including SMS reminders 24hrs before payment is due).
- Advice on remuneration and profit extraction.
Support with business planning and protection
- Unlimited Employment Status Reviews (IR35) from Brookson Legal Services, with a dedicated helpline.
- Unique Tax Promise to support you, should HMRC launch an enquiry into your affairs.
- Unlimited financial references.
- Access to a vast knowledge centre for useful information to help you run your business.
- Expert advice on hand to help you with tax planning and other financial decisions.
- Online tax planner to keep track of deadlines.
- Document storage – all key documents filed automatically and retrievable from one central place.
- Online planner to help you to keep track of deadlines.
Assistance with running your business
- Smart, intuitive and totally unique ‘Connect’ zone allowing 24/7 access to your business information.
- Daily* calculation of the amount which can be safely withdrawn from your business bank account after tax and other expenses.
- Smart invoicing area to professionally raise and send invoices, via phone, laptop, mobile and tablet.
- Instant view of paid and outstanding invoices.
- Convenient area to log and review business expenses.
- Support in starting out – expert advice on understanding your working options.
- Legal helpline, with access to free preliminary legal support including, litigation, regulation, insolvency, pensions, intellectual property and debt recovery.
- Business banking.
- Support from a Specialist Team six days a week†, as well as 24/7 access to your accounts.
- Work finding services - helping you to secure your next assignment.
One all-inclusive fixed monthly fee, with no set-up costs or tie-in period.
We can also provide access to...
- Specialist legal advice.
- Financial advice on pensions, mortgages, life cover, savings and investments.
- Discounted healthcare cover
- Discounted comprehensive Insurance Packages (including a ‘money back’ guarantee^)
How can Brookson benefit your Limited Company?
Connect takes bookkeeping and accounting to a whole new level. Packed with intuitive features, it enables you to make decisions based on current information, not past performance. Drill down into transactions, submit expenses, track invoices, check your tax position, see how much you can withdraw - and it is all updated on a daily* basis.
We relieve the time and hassle of running your limited company with our ground-breaking Connect technology, which updates your company accounts on a daily basis*, allowing you to make informed decisions by giving you peace of mind knowing that you are always up-to-date and totally compliant with HMRC guidelines.
Connect is specifically designed to be mobile friendly, enabling you to log in from your smartphone, laptop or tablet and enjoy secure access to all your account details.
presents an online summary of your current business position, updated daily to take the stress out of managing your finances, Dashboard’s single-screen snapshot alerts you to payment deadlines, monies due and invoices paid. Better still, it gives you a snapshot of precisely how much you can safely take from your account every day, reducing the danger of going accidentally overdrawn or not setting enough aside for the taxman.
is the most efficient way of organising your finances. It provides you with the crucial ‘one number’ you always need to know – the amount you can withdraw from your business, after accounting for liabilities like tax and bills. You can check your business’ performance at a glance, see how much is in the bank or view your personal and business tax liabilities. There is also a personal tax tracker you can activate to monitor what your estimated Personal Tax bill will be at the end of the year and how much you should have set aside to date.
takes the hassle out of logging and claiming for your company expenses with our innovative ‘snap and run’ feature, you can capture receipts with your mobile device and log them online in just a few seconds, so your accounts are always up-to-date and your expenses are organised and easy to see at a glance.
displays your paid and unpaid invoices, allowing you to build your own database of customers, raise and dispatch professional invoices to them in seconds. You can see at a glance which invoices have been paid, when they were paid and which are overdue.
enables you to organise your assignment assessments in one place. When you have a new assignment, you can submit your contract and details of your working practices to our specialist IR35 Legal Team for review at any time. And if you ever need to prove your employment status, you have the back up of an expert legal opinion and advisers on hand.
enables you to plan and review your financial year armed with every piece of the data you need, all organised and displayed in one user-friendly application. If you ever worry about missing key financial events, such as tax deadlines or end of year accounts, this intelligent calendar is the personal assistant you always wish you’d had. It spots when payments have been made and missed by reviewing your bank statements daily. It also shows you clearly what is due to happen and when – keeping you in the picture and well-prepared for any milestones that are looming on the horizon.
saves you time and stress – as well as money. It brings together a library of information, videos and guides to help you plan ahead and consider how to optimise your net earning potential. And of course, because we go the extra mile for our customers, if you have any concerns over your tax planning, our friendly tax specialists are available to speak to you over the phone and ensure your money is working as hard as it can be.
holds your helpful paperwork, documents and key forms, including HMRC correspondence and your Monthly Management Accounts for a minimum of 7 years, accessible instantly and in full, automatically filed by us and easily retrievable by you, 24/7.
is like a 24/7 business advisor, packed with hundreds of pages of valuable information about running your business – tax, employment law, marketing guides, statutory obligations. There are even videos to help you address key issues and avoid common mistakes. It is frequently updated, easy to use and designed to support your business, whatever industry you operate in.
FREE consultation and take home pay illustration
If you would like to understand more about your working options and how they affect you financially and the levels of day-to-day responsibility then you will find our free, no obligation consultation and take home pay illustration really helpful.
Using the form below, simply tell us the sector you work in, your annual income or agency rate, hours per week and any business expenses you incur - and we'll do the rest!
Request a callback to discuss our all-inclusive Limited Company Service
Fill in the form below and one of our advisors will be in touch.
"When I started contracting, I was daunted by the amount of administration that I thought I would need to complete had I set-up through a limited company, so I started through an umbrella. However, about 6 months in, I investigated my options and decided that I would operate through a limited company. Using the solution offered through Brookson has been extremely streamlined with almost no administrative overhead.”
* Excludes weekends and public/bank holidays
† Specialist Advisors available six days a week, Monday to Friday, 8am-6pm and Saturday, 9am-1pm. Excludes bank/public holidays.
# Company incorporation fee may apply.
~ We will switch your accounts up to the value of £500.00.