Whether you’re already working as a Sole Trader or are looking to become self-employed, Brookson have helped over 70,000 self-employed professionals over the last 19 years, from a wide range of industries and sectors.
Our Sole Trader Accountancy Service relieves the time and hassle of working as a Sole Trader with our ground-breaking Connect technology, which updates your company accounts on a daily basis~, allowing you to make informed decisions by giving you peace of mind knowing that you are always up-to-date and totally compliant with HMRC guidelines.
Free advice on working as a Sole Trader
If you would like to understand more about working as a Sole Trader and how it will affect you financially or would like to find out how Brookson compares to other providers, then you will find our free, no obligation consultation and take home pay comparison really helpful.
Simply make an enquiry, telling us the sector you work in, your annual income or agency rate, hours per week and any business expenses you incur - and we'll do the rest.
Benefits of Brookson's Sole Trader Service
Unlike some other providers who may charge additional fees for certain services, Brookson provide everything you need for one monthly fee, with no hidden costs.
- Expert advice from a dedicated support team, 6 days a week†
- Fast and seamless set up within 24 hours
- All VAT, tax and year-end returns are completed for you
- Operate compliantly with unlimited IR56 reviews
- No set up costs, exit fees or tie-in period
- Secure online portal - accessible anywhere via computer, mobile or tablet
- Know your tax position and how much you can withdraw - with daily updates~
- Legal helpline, with access to free preliminary legal support
- Fully automated bookkeeping.
- Nightly bank feed from your business bank to allow us to reconcile your invoices and payments.
- Daily~, monthly and annual accounts preparation.
- The option to synchronise your personal and business tax – to give you a ‘total view’ of your tax position throughout the year.
- Advice on VAT registration (including flat rate VAT).
- Quarterly VAT returns.
- Self-assessment tax return.
- We deal with all HMRC correspondence and advise you on what action to take.
- Proactive reminders of all tax payments (including SMS reminders 48hrs before payment is due).
Support with business planning and protection
- Unlimited Employment Status Reviews (IR56) from Brookson Legal Services, with a dedicated helpline.
- Unlimited financial references.
- Access to a vast knowledge centre for useful information to help you run your business.
- Expert advice on hand to help you with tax planning and other financial decisions.
- Legal helpline, with access to free preliminary legal support including, litigation, regulation, insolvency, pensions, intellectual property and debt recovery.
- Document storage – all key documents filed automatically and retrievable from one central place.
- Online planner to help you to keep track of deadlines.
Assistance with running your business
- Smart, intuitive and totally unique ‘Connect’ zone allowing 24/7 access to your business information.
- Daily~ calculation of the amount you can safely spend after tax and other expenses.
- Smart invoicing area to professionally raise and send invoices, via phone, laptop, mobile and tablet.
- Instant view of paid and outstanding invoices.
- Convenient area to log and review business expenses.
- Support in starting out – expert advice on understanding your working options.
- Support from a Specialist Team six days a week†, as well as 24/7 access to your accounts.
How can benefit Sole Traders?
Connect takes bookkeeping and accounting to a whole new level. Packed with intuitive features, it enables you to make decisions based on current information, not past performance. Drill down into transactions, submit expenses, track invoices, check your tax position, see how much you can withdraw - and it is all updated on a daily* basis.
Connect is specifically designed to be mobile friendly, enabling you to log in from your smartphone, laptop or tablet and enjoy secure access to all your account details.
presents an online summary of your current business position, updated daily to take the stress out of managing your finances, Dashboard’s single-screen snapshot alerts you to payment deadlines, monies due and invoices paid. Better still, it gives you a snapshot of precisely how much you can safely take from your account every day, reducing the danger of going accidentally overdrawn or not setting enough aside for the taxman.
is the most efficient way of organising your finances. It provides you with the crucial ‘one number’ you always need to know – the amount you can withdraw from your business, after accounting for liabilities like tax and bills. You can check your business’ performance at a glance, see how much is in the bank or view your personal and business tax liabilities. There is also a personal tax tracker you can activate to monitor what your estimated Personal Tax bill will be at the end of the year and how much you should have set aside to date.
takes the hassle out of logging and claiming for your company expenses with our innovative ‘snap and run’ feature, you can capture receipts with your mobile device and log them online in just a few seconds, so your accounts are always up-to-date and your expenses are organised and easy to see at a glance.
displays your paid and unpaid invoices, allowing you to build your own database of customers, raise and dispatch professional invoices to them in seconds. You can see at a glance which invoices have been paid, when they were paid and which are overdue.
enables you to organise your assignment assessments in one place. When you have a new assignment, you can submit your contract and details of your working practices to our specialist IR35 Legal Team for review at any time. And if you ever need to prove your employment status, you have the back up of an expert legal opinion and advisers on hand.
enables you to plan and review your financial year armed with every piece of the data you need, all organised and displayed in one user-friendly application. If you ever worry about missing key financial events, such as tax deadlines or end of year accounts, this intelligent calendar is the personal assistant you always wish you’d had. It spots when payments have been made and missed by reviewing your bank statements daily. It also shows you clearly what is due to happen and when – keeping you in the picture and well-prepared for any milestones that are looming on the horizon.
saves you time and stress – as well as money. It brings together a library of information, videos and guides to help you plan ahead and consider how to optimise your net earning potential. And of course, because we go the extra mile for our customers, if you have any concerns over your tax planning, our friendly tax specialists are available to speak to you over the phone and ensure your money is working as hard as it can be.
holds your helpful paperwork, documents and key forms, including HMRC correspondence and your Monthly Management Accounts for a minimum of 7 years, accessible instantly and in full, automatically filed by us and easily retrievable by you, 24/7.
is like a 24/7 business advisor, packed with hundreds of pages of valuable information about running your business – tax, employment law, marketing guides, statutory obligations. There are even videos to help you address key issues and avoid common mistakes. It is frequently updated, easy to use and designed to support your business, whatever industry you operate in.
Free Sole Trader guide
Our free guide is a great starting point if looking to work as a Sole Trader and want to quickly cut through the jargon to help you understand everything you need to consider.
Download Our FREE Guide
Request a callback to discuss our all-inclusive Sole Trader Service
Fill in the form below and one of our advisors will be in touch.