Umbrella Company Solution
Our umbrella employment solution is ideal if you're planning on working shorter assignments. We pay you directly via PAYE and take care of all the necessary tax and NI calculations and payments on your behalf.
If you would like to understand more about working through an Umbrella Company and how it will affect you financially, then you'll benefit from our free, no obligation consultation and take home pay comparison. Simply make an enquiry and we'll do the rest.
Unlike some other Umbrella Companies who may retain additional margin for certain benefits, Brookson provide everything you need for one weekly margin.
- Fast and effective same day setup
- Same day payments with SMS notifications
- No set up costs or exit fees
- Manage your timesheets, payslips and expenses 24/7 via your online portal
- Friendly, expert support team on hand 6 days a week†
- Access to an Employee Discounts Scheme
- Comprehensive insurance package
- Multiple payroll runs daily - so you get paid on time, every time
- Known for compliance – Brookson are founding members of the FCSA
- Claim tax relief on business expenses*
April 2016 | Changes to Travel and Subsistence Expenses
The HMRC has announced changes to the way Umbrella Employees claim expenses. These changes restrict Umbrella Employees from claiming tax relief on travel expenses if you are subject to the supervision, direction or control (SDC) of the agency or end client. If this is the case when performing your services, then you will no longer be able to claim travel expenses.
Brookson has created a test to identify whether you are subject to SDC and are able to continue claiming travel expenses. For further information regarding this test, please speak to one of our Specialist Advisors on 0800 230 0213 or book your consultation here
How does an Umbrella Company work?
If you choose to work through an Umbrella Company, you become an employee of that company. It then contracts out your services to the end client or agency. You will need to submit timesheets to the Umbrella Company who will in turn invoice the end client or agency for the work that you have carried out. The umbrella company will then pay you directly after retaining monies including; the Umbrella Company margin and tax and National Insurance contributions on a Pay As You Earn (PAYE) basis. You remain an employee of the umbrella company regardless of whether you move to a new assignment, start a project with a new end client or agency or are temporarily between assignments.
Why work through an Umbrella Company?
In terms of administration, there is none. As an employee, it is all taken care of for you. The Umbrella Company will, however, retain a margin from the revenue it receives for providing your services and pay employers NIC on your salary. This is why, if you are working via an agency, they may offer you a higher rate of pay if you wish to become an employee of an umbrella company than if you were to be paid via the agency payroll.
- Ease of setup & use - Quick & easy set up and running in minutes. Simply submit your timesheets and expenses. Holiday pay and insurance is included.
- Low risk - All tax and NI is automatically deducted so no need to worry about Tax Returns or budgetary spend.
- Length of assignment - Suitable for any period of working; short or long term contracts. A good choice if you are working intermittently.
- Expenses - The ability to claim back certain expenses such as travel, subsistence, tools and equipment etc.*
Support with business planning and protection
- Raise invoices at the click of a button.
- No more nasty surprises with all tax and National Insurance deducted at source and passed to HMRC.
- Benefit from comprehensive insurance at no additional cost – £5m Professional Indemnity, £5m Public Liability and £25m Employers’ Liability.
- Legal helpline, with access to free preliminary legal support including, litigation, regulation, insolvency, pensions, intellectual property and debt recovery.
- Gap Pay between assignments and Minimum Guaranteed Hours*.
- Relax, with holiday pay accounted for in your weekly income.
- Health and Safety taken care of with a review completed for each assignment.
- Work finding services - helping you to secure your next assignment.
- Receive expert advice and support to help understand your working options.
- Support from our Specialist Team – six days a week†, plus 24/7 access to your accounts.
Book your consultation
Simply complete the form below and request your preferred date and time.
Please be aware that by submitting your details you are accepting to receive future updates regarding Brookson services. Your information may also be disclosed to carefully selected third parties. Full details of the Data Protection Policy can be found here.
To ‘opt out’ of all future Brookson marketing material, please email Marketing@brookson.co.uk
Rights to Privacy: Your details will not be disclosed to any third party that is not associated with Brookson Limited.
Free guide to working through an Umbrella Company
This guide is ideal for anyone considering working through an umbrella company. It provides a jargon free overview of the Brookson Umbrella solution, along with the key benefits.
Download Our FREE Guide
† Specialist Advisors available six days a week, Monday to Friday, 8am-6pm and Saturday, 9am-1pm.
* Umbrella Employees cannot claim travel expenses if they fail SDC